P.S. 38, or Public School #38, is the school where most of the Big Nate comic strips take place. Nate is a sixth grade student at the school. Nate does not like the school, as it is beaten up and old. The school is over 100 years old, and is two or three floors high. The mascot of P.S. 38 is the Bobcat.It's Rival Is Jefferson Middle School
P.S. 38 opened on February 7, 1912, making it over a century old. Over the years, the school has gotten old, and beaten up. Paint started to peel, and problems occurred more frequently. When a mural by folk artist Granny Peppers was discovered in the school, P.S. 38 sold it to a museum. The money they received was used for repairs on the school. The history of the school is revealed in the novel, Big Nate: Lives It Up.
- Locker rooms
- Faculty Lounge
- Student Lounge (Converted from the photocopy room)
- Parking/Faculty parking lot
- Computer Lab
See Also Category:Clubs at P.S. 38
- Cartooning Club (The Doodlers)
- Chess Club
- Breakfast Book Club
- Dungeons and Dragons Club
- Problem Solvers
- School Beautification Society
- Science Club
- Spanish Club
- Spotlight Club
- Drama Club
- Wizards and Witches
- Knit Pickers
- Harry Potter Club
- Wesley Nichols - Principal
- Clara Godfrey - Social Studies
- Ken Rosa - Art
- Ms. LaChance - French
- Mrs. Brindle - Life Skills (AKA Home Economics)
- Mrs. Czerwicki - Detention Monitor
- Coach John - Retired Phys. Ed teacher/Substitute
- Coach Calhoun - Phys. Ed/Health teacher/Coach
- Mr. Galvin - Science
- Ms. Clarke - English
- Mrs. Shipulski - Secretary
- Mr. Aldridge- Computer lab
Big Nate by Lincoln Peirce for September 05, 2014 Big Nate Comic Strip for September 05, 2014
- P.S. 38 is rivals with Jefferson Middle School, another middle school in Nate's town. It is said that Jefferson is a sister institution of P.S. 38.
- P.S. 38 could be based off a school in New York or California.
- It is more than 100 years old, as said in Big Nate: Lives It Up, which the school had a party and scavenger hunt for.
- P. S. 38 has been around since 1912 as seen in several comic strips.
- Nate Wright once got hit by a falling ceiling tile in the school.
- It had some much needed repair in Big Nate: Lives It Up