Mrs. Hickson is the school librarian at P.S 38.
At some point before or during 2010, Hickson became the librarian for P.S. 38. According to Nate Wright, when students are in the library, she does not want to see them acting idle. At one point, she sent Gina Hemphill-Toms to detention, and was the only teacher to do so to her.
Personality and Traits
Mrs. Hickson is some what strict and devoted to her job. She also has a good memory, as she never forgot a name, a face, or a book that was overdue. She was disdainful of "hanging out." She is skilled with pretending to be interested in what children are reading about. Still, she has never been "Godfrey mad" except when Nate destroyed one of her beanbag chairs in the library by jumping off a chair. According to Nate, she‘s usually nice, but gets upset when you drop something or make a mess, which might mean she has ataxophobia.
- The nickname that Nate Wright gave her is "Hickey", as said in Big Nate Strikes Again and Big Nate Blasts Off.
- She is also not into "hanging out", and it was probably not her idea to put in the bean bags in the library.
- It is interesting to note that in one of the puzzles in Boredom Buster, Mrs Hickson was one of Nate's favorite teachers. This is opposed to in Big Nate Strikes Again, as seen in the pictures on the right.
- She is rated as 'upset weekly' in Nate's 'P.S. 38 ANGERGRAPH!'
- She is usually good at pretending to be interested in whatever books kids are reading, even if they're total snooze-fests as stated by Nate in Big Nate: Lives It Up.
- She once sent Chad Applewhite to detention for nothing.
- She supervises the Breakfast Book Club.