Jenny Jenkins is a female student at P.S. 38 and the girlfriend of Artur Pashkov. Nate Wright has had a crush on her ever since first grade. She finds Nate to be extremely annoying and bothering. Nate had a problem with her relationship with Artur, but he has gotten over his crush with her. Nate also thinks Jenny likes him deep down, but this is not proven in any of the books. Jenny became friends with Nate eventually because Nate had gotten over her. Over time though, she says things that hint that she does not really want to be friends with him. Later on, she leaves P.S. 38 and moves away to Seattle, but not forever. Then, in the middle of a baseball game, Nate sees that Jenny has returned. However, from there though, she has only been a minor character and has not been shown that often. She was born on September 22, 1979, making her a Virgo. Once, Nate told her that his sign, Scorpio, is compatible with Virgos. She said that was great because Artur is also a Scorpio.
When Jenny was two years old, she kissed Nate on the cheek as a joke. Jenny also did that in preschool. In preschool, Jenny would chase all of the boys around the school, and when she caught them, she kissed them on the cheek. So it turns out that Nate was not dating her, but he was slower than her. In 2004, Jenny Jenkins met Artur Pashkov, beginning a long and fateful relationship in 2008. In first grade, Nate began a crush on Jenny. Although she used to be very mean to him, she eventually became more civil towards him, while Nate did the same and stopped chasing after her constantly. Jenny also took part in the school dance and, the following week, the Ultimate Snowdown, which was intended to defeat Jefferson Middle School in something after seven years.
Jenny moved to Seattle, Washington, and Artur and Jenny break up because they know they will not seeing each other again. She later came back, causing a minor head injury for Nate by a baseball.Jenny also asked Nate out to the spring formal.
Personality and traits
Jenny was the love interest of Nate, who wished that one day she will dump Artur and start dating him instead. However, Nate is over Jenny. She has had a very long relationship with Artur and they currently still go out.
She has also shown to be polite and hard-working. She usually freaks out whenever something bad happens to her (i.e. Nate accidentally trips and splashes egg salad on Jenny's hair, causing her to go insane). She is also short-tempered and very hot-headed, probably because a Virgo likes things exacting. She used to beat up Nate whenever he tries to make his move on her.Because Nate always tried to follow her around, she was constantly trying to avoid or ignore him. She is noticeably nicer to Nate now and finally considers him as a friend.
Jenny has medium-length blonde hair with a pink (black) headband that matches her top and sneakers and wearing blue jeans.
Jenny has had a long relationship with Artur Pashkov. He is her longest-lasting boyfriend in the strip, and they will probably not breaking up, as told by Francis Pope to Nate one time.
T.J. was a very brief boyfriend of Jenny's. They only lasted about one or two books, while Artur and Jenny are still featured after over 10 years.
Jenny and Ronnie went out in the mid-1990s and eventually, Ronnie was dumped by Jenny for Greg Proxmire.
Greg was Jenny's boyfriend before Artur Pashkov. Jenny and Greg went out for a reasonably long time, but Jenny did not dump Greg for Artur.
Behind the Scenes
- Ironically, every time a project that involves pairs occurs, it's in Mrs. Godfrey's class, Jenny always seems to get paired with Artur, much to Nate's dismay.
- Jenny has also had four more boyfriends. They are Tommy, T.J., Greg Proximire, and Ronnie Dwyer. She has broken up with all of them. Each boyfriend was only with her for a brief amount of time.
- Jenny is the love interest of Nate, who wishes that one day she will dump Artur and start dating him instead. It was rumored that this would happen in "Big Nate: In the Zone", but it has since been proven false.
- Her zodiac symbol is said to be Virgo by Lincoln Peirce, stating that she is older than Nate.
- In the older comics, she was a cheerleader. Not in the new comics though.
- Jenny gave a rare compliment to Nate when he came to school wearing a tie for school picture day (September 1999).
- She temporarily left the Big Nate comic strip when her family moved to Seattle. She was so emotional about leaving all her friends that she even gave Nate an affectionate hug (February 2, 2013)! However, on June 4, 2013, she made a comeback, and Nate was back to pursuing her as usual, while she went back to cold-shouldering him.
- Jenny barely knows Kim Cressly. However, if she did, it would most likely have her happy as when Nate and Angie went out, even though Nate and Kim are not went out, but Kim was in love with Nate, and Kim always said that she and Nate were madly in love, which made her boyfriend, Chester, extremely jealous.
- Back in the 1990s, she used to be much more aggressive and unfair to Nate compared to now. An example of this is that she seldom showed compassion for him. In the 2000s, she was a bit nicer but she is still very angry, although in both eras she would always be talking to Nate in the hallways about her troubles. She still has some kindness, and now in the 2000s, she does not mind him much and an example was in June 2013, when she was much more mellow. In March 2014, when they had a fact town smackdown, when he interrupted, she will never mind. On February 1 and 2 of 2013, she was very nice to Nate. Her relationship with Nate is still not high, but now she likes him as a friend. At a later time, she would be more friendly. For now, she is a close friend to Nate and he does not have a crush on her anymore, however still trying to prove that Jenny and Artur are not a good couple.
- When Nate dated Kelly he was so smitten that when he next met Jenny he addressed her as "Kelly" by mistake, causing Jenny to be outraged at being mistaken for someone else (11 August 2001).
- Jenny kissed Nate in a bottle spin party on January 5, 1994, though other people only thought of it as a peck.
- In March 2014, Jenny acted as a moderator during a quiz contest between Gina and Francis. Gina had previously insisted on having an impartial moderator who did not hate her; Nate and Teddy had warned her that it would take some time to find one!
- In June 1998, Jenny was desperate to get somebody to go with to the spring formal. Anybody she asked was already going with somebody else. When Nate asked her out, Jenny said yes because she was so desperate. Nate was so happy that he was flying in the air. During the spring formal, Nate left Jenny to sit down for two hours so that he could get Angie(his former girlfriend) and her boyfriend Dan LaBreque. They ended up dancing for 5 minutes.
- Jenny worked with Nate on a math project where they had to be a married couple on a budget. Nate wanted to be more than pretending, so Jenny tried to switch him away. Nate ended up spending all of their money on a bag of Cheez Doodles.
- Jenny made fun of Nate for mispronouncing her name when they were 6 years old. He called her “Jonny”. Nate said he would never give up on her.
- Jenny has a dog named Bruno.