This is the manual of style for the Big Nate Wiki. Please do not do any reorganization or cleanup on the wiki unless you are fixing things to follow this guideline.
This page should include the rulings for any editing conflict. If not, you could make a proposal for the addition of a rule on the forum.
1. Articles must be written in an in-universe style and not refer to the reader or viewer when talking about events unless the subject of the article is from out of universe (Big Nate, Lincoln Peirce, etc.). This means that you cannot mention the novel or comic the character appeared in unless you mention it under the "Behind the scenes" section of an article.
2. Do not use an opinionated style of writing, unless you are quoting a character. This includes words such as "amazing", "horrible", etc.
3. This is an encyclopedia. Write and use words to make it sound like an encyclopedia. Try to avoid a passive writing style.
3. Do not fix what is not broken. If a sentence is perfectly fine, you should leave it like that.
4. Do not add last names to the display text of a link. You may use full character names only the first time they are mentioned in an article.
5. Do not list a book title without italicizing the title and using a colon.
6. Use American English spelling and grammar; Big Nate is based in the United States.
7. You may edit an article solely, but if the contents get reverted by an administrator, try not to edit that part anymore, and instead discuss possible issues with them.
1. At the beginning of an article, make the name/subject of the article bold (example: Nate Wright is...). The word "The" or "A" should not be bold unless it is explicitly part of the article name.
2. At the very beginning of an article, add
3. Links such as
4. When creating a WikiLink, only link it to the article the first time it is mentioned in the article. Instead of "Nate went to Francis' house and Francis pranked Nate", say "Nate went to Francis' house and Francis pranked Nate."
5. Do not add the "Stub" template to articles over 300 bytes, as those are not considered as stubs.
Will be added soon
Do not add categories to articles that are not listed below.
Please make sure that you follow the specific capitalization when adding categories. (Adding "Main Characters" as "Main characters" won't help.) Also, do not include the parts in parenthesis.