A new student named Breckenridge Puffington III comes to P.S. 38 and it is Nate's job to be his buddy. But Randy keeps bullying him for his unusual name and his intrest for flowers. Later they find the school is 100 years old and P.S. 38 is having a big party and a scavenger hunt!
- This book reveals four things unanswered in the past:
- This is the third time Dee Dee wears a costume. The first two were Big Nate: Flips Out and Big Nate: Goes For Broke.
- This the most famous Big Nate novel since characters (such as Nate) recall the events of previous novels.
- On page 208, It shows that they were on the news because Breckenridge found a valuable painting.
- At the end, Nate, Francis, Teddy, Chad, Dee Dee and Breckenridge got to go on a Hot Air Baloon for winning the scavenger hunt. Breckenridge did not go on it, which likely means he is afraid of heights, which might mean Breckenridge is acrophobic.
- While Breckenridge is about to get a swirly by Randy and Nate tries to stop him, Nate is hit on the head by a celing tile. The celing tile hit him because the school was 100 years old, so the ceilings were torned due to age.
- On page 195, Nate says there is no way Gina will know the photograph of PS 38's photograph of their first principal is in the detention room since she does not have detention. However, in the end of Big Nate: Strikes Again, she did get detention.
- In the scene where it shows Bobby and Breckenridge in pictures, Nate claims they are the same person. Despite this, Bobby's freckles and nose was in the middle of his face while Breckenridge has his own freckles and nose reaching into his eyes.
- Teddy was shown getting into the hot air balloon ride, even though in Big Nate: Flips Out, he said he was afraid of heights. He may have gotten over his fear.